Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Purpose



Have you ever thought about what your purpose is here in this life?  Or felt like you have something specific that only you can do?  Ever since I was a little girl I have felt that I have a specific mission while on this earth.  Not only am I here to do my best and endure to the end so that I can live with my Heavenly Father again, but I am here to help people in a way that only I can.

I was born with multiple health problems that have made my life hard but at the same time have brought me so many blessings.  These health problems have brought trial after trial and have instilled in me the desire to help others, especially kids who have or are going through similar things. Over the years I feel like I have been able to help those who were struggling with a similar problem.  I also feel like I have been able to make connections with people a lot easier because we have gone through similar things.  These opportunities have brought me so much joy and I know that I have made a difference in the lives of these people and they have made a difference in mine.

I still have a deep desire to help others who are going through similar things that I have gone through or are currently going through.  I know that I haven't fulfilled my purpose yet and that there are so many more people that I need to help.  For a long time I have been trying to figure out how exactly to do this. The plans that I had for myself to accomplish this wasn't what my Heavenly Father had in mind for me, which has left me lost and wondering what it is that I'm supposed to do.  I have pondered over this matter and have come up with ideas and I would start them but in the end it just wasn't right and I would give up.  A few months ago my dad gave me a priesthood blessing (A priesthood blessing is a conferral of power over spiritual things.  In a priesthood blessing a servant of the Lord exercises the priesthood, as moved upon by the Holy Ghost, to call upon the powers of heaven for the benefit of the person being blessed. (lds.org)).  In this blessing I was told that I have been given unique experiences and that I will find a way to share them with many people.   This has been on my mind ever since.

For the last little while I have thought about creating a blog but wasn't sure if it was what I needed to do.  I have been praying to know what it is that my Heavenly Father wanted me to do.  The last couple of days I have felt like I needed to create this blog and share my story.  I have called my blog "Uniquely Mine" because I have been given unique experiences that have shaped me into who I am today.  I want to share my story and everything that I have been through, both the good and the bad. I want to share the lessons that I have learned and most of all I want to share my testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.  Without this I wouldn't be here today.  I hope that I can reach many people who are struggling with their own challenges.  I hope that my story will be able to help whoever is in need because that is why I have created this blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment